The Cardinal Hayes High School Community believes:
- An effective Roman Catholic education develops the whole person spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- Every student has unique talents that can be developed to their fullest potential.
- Every student can become a lifelong learner.
- Every student can contribute to the common good of society.
- Every student and every background deserve respect and consideration.
- Every student has the right to a safe, nurturing, challenging, and stimulating learning environment.
- Every student can use the skills and knowledge gained throughout school and life to become a problem solving citizen.